Marketing Management Case Analysis Note
-under the guidance of Prof. Joffy Thomas
PGP/015/072 ANUBHUTI GUPTA
PGP/015/082 DEVINA BHASKAR
PGP/015/092 KESHAR PRASAD
PGP/015/102 PRANEETA JHANWAR
PGP/015/112 SAURAV SUMAN MISHRA PGP/015/122 UPALIKA PRASAD FPM05/12-S VIDYA S PANICKER
Q.1 What is UNICEF? How is it unique?
* UNICEF, United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, was founded in 1946 to help European children after World War II. * In 1953, it became a permanent member of the United Nations system. It was renamed United Nations Children’s Fund. * UNICEF is guided by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, an international human rights treaty ratified by a number of countries. * UNICEF focuses on 9 key areas :
1. Child protection
6. Water and environmental Sanitation
7. Early childhood development
8. Gender concerns
9. Emergency aid
* UNICEF derives its funds from voluntary contributions from : 1. Governments and intergovernmental organizations
2. Nongovernmental private sector groups and individuals
* Two factors make UNICEF unique :
1. Mandated by United Nations, UNICEF has global agreements by governments, of its strategy and frameworks. 2. Although it is an international organization, its programs are decentralized and developed at the local level. It is firmly anchored in the developing countries it operates in. Also, being a very old organization, it has lengthy track records in many countries and unique access to a range of partners.
Q. 2 Why is UNICEF rebranding?
The forces responsible for rebranding of UNICEF are:
1. Internal shift to a rights based organization
2. Challenging external donor environment.
3. Combining decline in multi literalism
4. Increase in restricted funds
5. Greater clarity and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document